The House System of the School is deeply entrenched and occupies a prominent place in the School Life of the students. These houses essentially are the backbone of the discipline of the school. Besides, the Houses contribute in maintaining cleanliness, conducting assemblies, organizing celebrations on festivals and special days and are instrumental in imparting valuable lessons of teamwork, co operation and sports man spirit. Various inter house activities provide the members of the houses an opportunity for healthy competition amongst them to show case their talent in multiple cultural, academics and sports activities. We keep organizing such activities’ to boost up the confidence of our students. The Captain and Vice-captain guide their teams on all fronts and play a vital role in leading their team to victory in all events. Participating in various inter-house competitions not only gives the students a chance to display their talent but also helps them learn valuable lessons on team work and selfless service.
“A child’s mind is a chest full of treasure waiting to be unearthed.”
The House System promotes a keen but good-natured rivalry between House teams to see who will win the House Trophy each year. Points towards this prize accumulate from the various sporting and cultural/academic competitions that are held throughout the year.
By setting up a House System, we suspect that strong house loyalty and a sense of fun and friendly competition will capture the school atmosphere.
During the year, the Houses compete against each other in a number of activities which may change from year to year. Some of these activities are listed below:
- Physical activity competitions
- Organization of Sports Events (Athletics, Basket ball, Cricket, Volleyball, Kabaddi etc.)
- Participation in before and after school physical activities
- Community outreach – Volunteerism
- Contribution to school Culture
- Building projects at the school (e.g. Science fair competition)
House System Ethos
House leaders will build strong partnerships with students and families, through small “Family units” to help them relate in a more positive way to life in school. The concept of the ‘Family Unit’ is further reinforced by the fact that all families are placed into the same House group. The sense of “family” in each of the 4 houses will promote a feeling of identity and belonging.
House Meetings will be held at random times during the school year to introduce new activities.
Benefits of House System
- Student Centered Focus: each student will be treated as an individual.
- A caring, supportive environment: each student will be a valued member of a small ‘family unit’ within a larger ‘family’ within the whole school.
- Respect, consideration and courtesy.
- A well-ordered, stimulating and enjoyable atmosphere in which deep learning and effective teaching can flourish.
- Support for the vast majority of our students who already want to learn and behave.
- Positive self esteem amongst students and value of the ethos of the school community.
- The opportunity to obtain the essential qualifications and entry skills for chosen careers and the life skills necessary for a rapidly changing society.
- Equal opportunity and encouragement to achieve a student’s full potential.
- Building of interpersonal skills within groups of students of all ages. Peer support to combat bullying.
- Promotion of Student Responsibility, Team skills, Leadership skills and Cooperation.
- Extra-Curricular activities which will enhance the individual’s school experience.
- Development of personal and social skills and well being.
- A school in which Students, Parents, Staff, Administrators and the wider School community be justly proud.
ARAVALLI HOUSE - ( Ruby colour )
Red is the symbol of love, courage, sacrifice, victory and honour. Students of Red House stand strong and united at all times. They are creative and highly talented and this is the secret of their success in various inter house competitions like Basketball, Debate, Face painting and Floral Rangoli. The Dbians are enthusiastic and achieve their goals, thereby upholding their values always.
Students of Aravalli house are known for their togetherness, and face adversities as a team. They are the jacks of all trades performing to the best of their abilities in sports and cultural events.
VINDHYACHAL HOUSE – ( Yellow Colour )
The house colour is YELLOW, which denotes Energy, warmth and is vibrant and flamboyant. The warm colour is a stimulant and demands attention and dedication. They are a dynamic, determined and dashing race. Led by a belief that they are more than just “an ordinary group of students”, they truly stand out. Yellow being the colour of the Sun, they are a shining example to the students of the school. Every dbians is proud indeed to be part of a house that shines with the qualities of perseverance, faith in one another and the ‘never give up’ attitude.
Students of the Yellow house are usually described as impeccable, par excellent, dependable, radiant, exquisite and spectacular.
SATPURA HOUSE - (Green Colour)
The GREEN colour symbolises earth, nature and life. It is considered as the colour of peace and ecology. The colour Green is indicative of elements like nature, fertility and life. It represents growth and harmony and is the colour of the environment. Green house is appropriately named ‘The Vindhyachal’, because of their link to the natural elements of the environment and are natural winners. The Satavahanas are always ready, rearing to go on and achieve always while keeping in mind their goals. The green signal always signifies movement.Students of the Green house are down to Earth, sociable and responsible. All the members are all- rounders and are consistently good performers in academics as well as sports.
VINDHYACHAL HOUSE (Blue Colour)
The house colour BLUE siginifies eternal peace and acknowledgement of being one with eternity and the flow of life by accepting and receiving the deep inner peace. Blue also embodies the vibration of nature, reflection of emotions, ability to communicate, to utilize the knowledge. The students of the Blue House, are known for their highly intellectual skills, stability and unity, symbolising the blue colour. They are triumphant in many of the co-curricular activities, be it quizzing or sports. Their greatest asset is their confidence and determination.
Students of the Blue house possess immense intellectual vitality. They are committed to their goals, and are all-rounders and achievers. Though known for intelligence, they can summon immense courage in other fields as well, as duty calls.